Basic setup question

I have a XBee S1 connect via USB. It sends serial commands to two other XBee S1 power via a LiPo battery and a ProTrinket.

They work as expected but work sporadically.

The commands come in fine, but only if the two devices are laying on the floor and not moved. If I move them, one will work but the one next to it won’t then, the other way around. They are both recieving the exact same data from the main unit that is hooked up usb.

Any guidance would be very appreciated. I am new to XBee so please be gentle.

If you run a range test to the loop back cluster ID to each radio and move them around, do you see the same issue? What this is confirming is if the issue is in your code or on the radio.

Thanks for the reply. I am too new to this to know what “a range test to the loop back cluster ID” means. Is this done thru the XTDI program?

Tech support from Digi had me change the Destination Low Address to FFFF and the XBee Retries to 2

I have not retested the main setup, but this seems to have improved the simple (1 go command instead of 50) reliability.

I would love a reply so I can learn how to do your test. Again much thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I am too new to this to know what “a range test to the loop back cluster ID” means. Is this done thru the XTDI program?

Tech support from Digi had me change the Destination Low Address to FFFF and the XBee Retries to 2

I have not retested the main setup, but this seems to have improved the simple (1 go command instead of 50) reliability.

I would love a reply so I can learn how to do your test. Again much thanks.

The directions on how to run a range test are described in the Quick start guide of the radio you are working with. XCTU’s Help menu explains how to use the Loop back cluster ID.