Can't enable the serial link between 2 XBEE PRO S1

Hello every one

I’m trying to enable a serial link between 2 XBEE PRO S1 but it doesn’t work.

With the XCTU software I have set it with the help of this website http://www.netlabtoolkit.org/learning/tutorials/xbee/ :

/************************************************/
Configuration for the Coordinator (local) XBee

The Coordinator XBee is the module that’s connected to your computer (or microcontroller) and is the master unit. It can receive data from any remote XBee, as well as tell individual remote XBees how to act (in API mode).
Networking & Security Section
ID=3332 (the default) – This is called the PAN ID, and establishes a common network among all the XBees – Every XBee in your network MUST have the same number for the PAN ID (you can set it differently from 3332 if you want).
DH=0
DL=0
MY=1234
CE=1 (Coordinator)
Serial Interfacing Section
BD=3 for 9600 baud – you can use other rates, but be careful to remember what rate you set the unit to. Write the rate on the unit, and remember you will have to set X-CTU and any other software to communicate at that rate once you’ve changed it.
AP=2 API Enable
/*******************************************/
Configuration for End-Device (remote) XBee

Networking & Security Section
    ID=3332
    DH=0
    DL=1234
    MY=1 – This is the identifier for the remote XBee, so each End-Device should have a unique value for MY – Be sure to label the XBee with this number – put a little bit of Scotch tape on it and use a Sharpie to indicate it is an End-Device #1 (or whatever number you assign). Note that this number is in the HEX numbering system that counts from 0 to 15. So for example, if you set MY=10, that is equal to 16 in the decimal system that you would use in the AnalogInput widget for the xbeeRemoteID.
    CE=0 (End-Device)
Serial Interfacing Section
    BD=3 for 9600 baud – you can use other rates, but be careful to remember what rate you set the unit to. Write the rate on the unit, and remember you will have to set X-CTU and any other software to communicate at that rate once you’ve changed it.
    AP=2 API Enable

/*************************************************/

I have a C program that work and give to the pin 3 a ‘5’ caractere, with an oscilloscope I could see it on the first XBEE.

The second xbee is powered with a 3.3V source.

Nothing is present on the second XBEE.

Where am I in fault ?

Can I have the right settings to set up a serial link between the 2 XBEEs?

Thank you very much!

Simon

Hi,

I recommend starting simple then going up in steps;

Start with AP = 0 on both modules.
PanID and Channel are the same on both modules.
Now configure one module’s DH to the other modules SH, and DL == SL
e.g. if Co-ords SH = 13A200, SL = 406C1582, then the remote’s DH = 13A200, DL = 406C1582 (DL will be different for you).
Dont worry about MY address yet.

This should make a simple point-to-point connection.

Once that is working change the Co-ord’s API = 1 and only the Co-ord (API = 2 is recommonded for high traffic areas I believe).
Setup so that all remote modules DH and DL are addressing the Co-ord. Setup all remote modules to have their own individual MY address.
Now from the Co-ord you can address the remotes by their MY address, and the remotes will only talk to the Co-ord not other remotes.

Bit rough but I hope its helps!

I have test it but it doesn’t work!

The reset of a xbee was to the ground, today they are all to +3.3V

Channel : 11 (on both)
PAN.ID : 2222 (on both)
SH, SL not the same on each xbee, the opponent
MY 0 for the first and 1 for the second
AP = 0 on both

thanks a lot!