Device Import - already exists

I am trying to add a device to my account. When I attempt to import it, I get an error message that it already exists. (it is possible someone else at my company has used this gateway before… but probably not possible to get access to the particular account (employee has left)).

How can I remove this gateway from whatever other account it is on and get it on mine?

Thanks

Hi,

As per my knowledge, in iDigi, gateways are added through MAC address. And MAC address is unique for each and every device. So, if your gateway is added to iDigi Server in some other people’s account. So, the normal practice is that remove the device from that persons’ account on iDigi. And then readding gateway through your account.

If you are not able to determine what account this device had been added to previously, please contact Digi Tech. Support for assistance.

Hi, thanks for your response. I’ll try to clarify my question.

The mac address is unique. I have the gateway in my possession. However, at some point in the past, another employee must’ve added it another account. No one here now claims to have done this. The most likely person to have done it has left the company. So I can’t access his account.

I probably need an administrator to do this.

Yes, exactly.

You will need to contact Digi Technical Support in order to get in touch with an Administrator.

Thanks userid0… the response was originally to the poster above you. I guess we were writing at the same time :slight_smile:

You should open a support case with Digi and supply the MAC address of your device. Once Digi has this we can remove the device from IDigi so you can add it using your own account.