Direct I/O in ZB

hey, guys!
Good day!
how can i configure the Coordinator and End device in Zb to send a Digital I/O?
i just want to send the coordinator a logic high low to end devices… thankS!
some of the features from xbee series 1 are not supported in ZB AT COmmands… such as ATIA ATIU ATIT etc.
please help! thanks!

Even I have the same doubt. I read somewhere series 2 doesn’t support direct digital I/O line passing. Is it so? how to get around this problem?

dioxden08: the ZB supports D0, D1, D2 etc. Is that what you need? And no, the ATIA etc that you mention are not supported - or at least, they’re not listed in the product manual.

Srinivas: if your network includes a coordinator attached to a host, you could use one of the supported methods to send samples to the host and then have the host send the relevent commands to the intended destination. That’s actually a much more flexible system than the direct I/O line passing.

johnf: by host you mean a PC? i want to design a remote with only a Zigbee module in it(without a controller). So when an on/off button is pressed the corresponding state is passed to the receiver.

Yes, by host I mean a PC or a microcomputer attached to the coordinator XBee. The remote sends the data on the button state to the host via the coordinator, and the host can then react in any way you like, including sending commands to another remote.

There is not direct one-to-one hardware line passing with the XBee ZB. You can remotely control or read an I/O line using an API packet.

If you want direct one-to-one passing I would suggest using the 802.15.4 module: http://www.digi.com/products/wireless/point-multipoint/xbee-series1-module.jsp

@johnf yes exactly

johnf:as I understand… the remote(end device) will send the state of its DI pins(0-7) to the co-ordinator. The co-ordinator will then send this data to PC or uC via UART(DOUT).
Now, it this possible using series 2 modules?

so you mean i can send a button state like from
remote-coordinator but not coordinator-remote? the otherway around…
hmm… I cant send any signal from remote to coordinator…
in what particular pin or settings i should output the data from remote in coordinator? hope youl reply. tahnks a lot.

about what i wanted to do is that the coordinator will send the state of dI0 pin to the remote.

yeahh i know that… so there is no anyway???
@johnf what do you mean by button state?

I just mean whether it’s currently on or off.

so you mean i can send a button state like from
remote-coordinator but not coordinator-remote? the otherway around…
hmm… I cant send any signal from remote to coordinator…
in what particular pin or settings i should output the data from remote in coordinator? hope youl reply. tahnks a lot.