RANGE TEST

im performing range test. why does my usb board POWER LED is blinking? and there are two leds on board blinking too? and i cant even run a successful range test? i already followed the instruction for quick start guidE? im just a newbie… can anyone help me?

Im experiencing similar issues with my dev kit. I restored the radios to their factory default settings but still can’t get a successful range test. Have you resolved your issue(s)?

This is from the XBee Accessories User Guide, page 9:
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000891_C.pdf

XBee 802.15.4 / XBee 868

Products used in networks that do not use a coordinator for network association are not set up to associate, but are configured with a default PAN ID and destination address. To maintain LED consistency, on power-up, these products immediately indicate association by blinking. For more information regarding association options, see the product manual for the XBee module in your product.

To figure out whether or not your XBee can see another, use the ATND command. You can find the description here:

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000982_A.pdf

Please describe more about your setup so we can figure out why this isn’t working. I’m assuming you’re using 802.15.4 modules since its posted in this forum. If otherwise, please specify.

Yes, I have the XBee Pro Dev Kit (XBee 802.15.4).

I’ve been in contact w/ tech support regarding this issue but could not resolve it.

I followed the directions in the quick start guide for conducting a range test. During the test, I received a “Timeout Waiting For Data” msg. The BASE module’s DO LED remained dark but the DI LED did blink during thes test. Also, the RSSI LEDs remained dark during the test. LED 1 and 2 remain lit. LED3 is off and LED 4 blinks.

The DO and DI LEDs on the END DEVICE remained on, did not blink. Two of the 3 RSSI LEDs were lit. I used the loopback connector also.

While consulting w/ tech support I was instructed to restore the module parameters to the factory defaults. I issued the ATRE command. Also, I was instructed to jumper pins 2 and 3 on the serial port, in place of the loopback connector.

Issuing a ATND command results in an “OD” response from either device.