The issue of communication of Edgeport4

For device automatic control, I used Edgeport4 in WindowsXP.
One day the issue of communication occurred between WindowsXP and Edgeport4.
It is only a specific port that the issue of communication occurred.

I easily explain the system.

The WindowsXP computer is A and B.
Edgeport(AEP) is connected to computer (A).
Edgeport(BEP) is connected to computer (B).

Edgeport(AEP) and Edgeport(BEP) have different ID number each.

It is communication between A and AEP that a problem occurred.

I was able to do communication in all ports later when I connected Edgeport(AEP) to computer (B).
In addition, communication was possible in all ports when I connected Edgeport(BEP) to computer (A).
However, the issue of communication was not restored even if I connected Edgeport(AEP) to computer (A) once again.

I think that WindowsXP or Edeport4 records that the issue of communication occurred between computer (A) and Edgeport(AEP).
However, I do not know means to solve the issue of this communication.

Please teach a method to break off the issue of this communication.

>> “One day the issue of communication occurred between WindowsXP and Edgeport4.”

1. Has this issue only occurred once? Is this a new installation or have you been using these Edgeports in this role for some time?

>> “However, the issue of communication was not restored even if I connected Edgeport(AEP) to computer (A) once again.”

1. What did you do to restore the communication? Reboot computer (A)?

2. What Edgeport driver versions are you running on both computers (A) and (B)? To determine this, open the Edgeport Configuration Utility, click the Version tab and note the version of “edgeser.sys”.

3. What exactly is the symptom that suggests a “communication problem” occurred? Please give me more details regarding this.

Thank you for jeremym, an answer.
I reply your answer.

>>1.

This is new installation to WindowsXP.
I was able to communicate without a problem for a while.
The issue of communication occurred overnight.

>>2. 3. 4.

I rebooted computer (A) to revive a problem.
However, the issue of communication was not restored.

A driver of Edgeport is for WindowsXP.
The version of edgeser.sys is 4.20.07.
The version of ionenum.sys is 4.20.01.
The version of edgecoin.dll is 4.20.02.
The version of impscoin.dll is 4.20.01.
The version of edgeport.exe is 5.32.0.

As for the characteristic of the issue of communication, the port of WindowsXP does not become extinct, but a sudden communication signal is cut off.

Update your Edgeport driver to the latest release, which is version 5.0. You can download it here:

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/driver/40002537_F.exe

Run 40002537_F.exe and extract the contents to the default folder (c: emp).

Next, uninstall the existing version by clicking the Advanced tab in the Edgeport Configuration Utility, then click the Uninstall button. Reboot after, when prompted.

After Windows loads, point the found new hardware wizards to “c: emp”. Specifically, choose “No, not this time” if prompted to connect to Windows Update and choose “Install from a list or specific location” at the other window. Uncheck “Search removable media”, check “Include this location” and type “c: emp” in the field, then click Next. That should start installing the Edgeport. After you click Finish, you may get more found new hardware wizards. If so, follow the same procedure as above.

To confirm the Edgeport is re-installed and running the v5.0 driver:

1. Look in the Edgeport Configuration Utility. The Edgeport should be listed in the white box under the General tab. Expand the Edgeport and all 4 of the ports should be listed there.

2. Click the Version tab in the Edgeport Configuration Utility and confirm that “edgeser.sys” is version 5.0.x.x.

3. Look in Windows Device Manager. The Edgeport should be listed in the “IonMultiPortSerial” section - either one or two entries depending on your particular hardware. And it should be listed in the “Ports (COM & LPT)” sections - 4 entries, each with a unique COM port number.

4. The System Status LED should blink green slowly.

After you confirm the Edgeport is re-installed properly, let me know if the issue still happens or not.