I just started working with a BL5S220 yesterday, and am encountering the “Timeout while waiting for response from target” over 90% of the time when attempting to compile/run programs.
I’m using Dynamic C 10.60 with a Rabbit-provided USB serial cable running WinXP pro.
This occurs even with the pong.c sample. I’ve searched for solutions, and have checked/tried the following things.
- Reduced the debug baud rate to 57900
- Disabled baud negotiation
- Confirmed my USB serial port settings match the DC comm settings
- Tried both front and rear panel USB ports (I’m not using a hub)
- Adjusted the Serial Response Timeout, USB to Serial Delay, Serial Retry Count, Serial Poll Interval settings in Default.dcp
- Restarting DC after every upload
- Resetting the target after every upload
- Checked the programming cable for damage
Does anyone have any further ideas for things to attempt?