xbee adapter does not answer

I’ve set up a XBee Pro S2B Module with ZS=2 PAN ID = 0x0 ans SC=0x3FFF. Now I try to connect an AIO and DIO Adapter. (XA-Z14-CS4P-W & XA-Z14-CS5P-W). I’ve resetted it many times with button press 4 times and reset button on the other side of the adapter.

None of the adapters associates with the coordinator. Does anyone have ideas?

Have the adapters been previously associated with any networks? Is there more than one coordinator in the area?

Once you’re joined to a network, the Associate LED will blink in a regular pattern. That doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve joined the right network, but at least you’ve joined something. (p. 80)

Reset the network. The AT command is NR1 for network reset. That’s a nuclear strike on the network. You’ll find more on resetting the network in the XBee product manual. (p. 136)

Thank you for reply.
No they have never been associated to any network.
Yes there are two coordinators. But one network is set to a specific PAN ID and the other on is set to 0x0, so every node could join this coordinator.

I’ve resetted the network many times but the Adapters don’t associate. If i push the Ident Button one time then I get “one blink”, that means the device found no PAN’s.
Are there a limited number of channels? Maybe the coordinator works on Channel 14 and the Adapters only support until Channel 10?

Set the ZS back to 0 and press the commissioning button the adapters four times quickly. That should get them to associate.

Hi mvut,

I thought that I tried this before but it seems that I didn’t. Now it works. I’ve changed the Stack Profile Remote from ZS=0x0 to ZS=0x02 and now I’m associated with my connectport.
Thank you very much.

Hello MLeuker!
I have the same problem. Can’t connect the XBee pro S2b to an AIO adapter. Can you explain me please, where I should change the Stack Profile Remote from ZS=0x0 to ZS=0x02 in coordinator??? I’m configurating modules in Xbee.
Thank you in advance.

Hello MLeuker!
I have the same problem. Can’t connect the XBee pro S2b to an AIO adapter. Can you explain me please, where I should change the Stack Profile Remote from ZS=0x0 to ZS=0x02 in coordinator??? I’m configurating modules in X-CTU.
Thank you in advance.

Hey Madina,

i did the following to get connected.
First set up a coordinator with a random selected pan id (id=0x0) and the default values for channel mask and ZS =(0x00)
After that I powered my AIO Adapter and then pushed the button 4 times quickly. (for example with a pen). When the AIO Adapter starts blinking it is connected to the coordinator.
After that I generate a Network List(I use X-CTU new generation) and read out the parameters of the AIO Adapter. Then I changed ZS to 0x02 on it, and after that ZS on the coordinator.

Do you use an AIO ZB Adapter?

Thank you for reply.
Actually I have two adapters:AIO ZB Pro adapter and Xbee 232 Adapter ZB Pro. One of them (AIO ZB Pro adapter) is blinking, when I’m trying to connect to coordinator and another doesn’t blink, only lights constantly. I did everything, that you writed. But it still doesn’t connect(( I can’t find the adapter by searching Network List(X-CTU new generation), even I’m pushing the button 4 times. Can I configure the adapter with another ways???
P.S.: sorry for my english…

no problem, I’m also not a native speaker.
no it seems that there is no other way. I do not even know one.
But I think the problem is that the other Adapter did not find a Network. Look through the Data Sheet and the Command “AI” Association Indication. Push the button one time and count the blinks. Maybe this could help.

What did you to to connect your AIO Adapter? You should set the ZS on the coodinator to 0x00 one again. Than the connection to the AIO Adapter should get lost. Then you should connect to the RS232 Adapter after pushing it’s button 4 times.
I’m sorry that are the only things I can tell you.