XBEE communication

HI,
I am trying to communicate with two xbee series 2 module using X-CTU software.
I need the commands to communicate with xbee module so that i can transfer data from one pc to another pc.
It’s urgent please help me out.

Hello Aruna,
to communicate between two Xbee module you have to configure their Destination address DL & DH using the AT command.
First let me know type of the module you are using whether Coordinator, Router or End device.
if you are using one coordinator and one router then using following command using the Hyper terminal for both devices:
Coordinator Side:
+++ / enter Command mode
ATCT 28F / set Command Mode timeout
ATID 1800 / set id to 1800 or any 4 digit number
ATWR / save setting
ATDH XXXX / set Source address High of router
ATDL XXXX / set source address Low of router
ATWR / save setting
ATCN / comeout from Command mode

Router side:
+++ / enter Command mode
ATWR / save setting
ATDH 0 / set Source address High of router
ATDL 0 / set source address Low of router
ATWR / save setting

Now check the communication between two devices. if still there is any problem write me again.

Thank You very much for ur reply.
I am very much knew to this xbee module.How can i know that my xbee module is coordinator,Router or End device.

download X-CTU application:
http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl.jsp?id=2125

Attach your module to serial port, on X-CTU window click on PC setting TAB, and test your module; then go to modem configuration and click on READ button, on function set it will show you the type of module and also show you the rest of the setting of module.

i have followed the steps as suggested by you.
In X-CTU at modem configuration -> at modem: XBEE i got XB24-B and at Function set -> ZNET 2.5 ROUTER/ENDDEVICE AT
For both the devices i got the same configuration settings. Then how can i communicate with same XBEE devices. Please send me the commands.

Thanks in advance.

ok.

Means both devices are Router, now use the below mention step for both routers:

Connect both devices to hyper link and follow steps:

Router 1:
+++ / enter Command mode
ATWR / save setting
ATDH **** / set Source address High of router 2
ATDL **** / set source address Low of router 2
ATWR / save setting

Router 2:

+++ / enter Command mode
ATWR / save setting
ATDH **** / set Source address High of router 1
ATDL **** / set source address Low of router 1
ATWR / save setting

to get source address of Router use steps:

+++
ATSL
ATSH
atcn

or you can check it in X-CTU.

Thank You for ur reply.
I am connected my xbee module to my pc through rs232.In X-CTU software ->pc settings i was tested my modem it’s shown as XB24-B after some time again i’m connected same module to my pc again i want to test a modem but it’s showing some unknow name ID and also i dint get firmware version.I am enter into command mode after that i gave ATCT 28F but i dint get any system response.

Can you please send me some snapshot of what you have done on hyperlink?

I am connected xbee module to my PC through RS232.In X-CTU software -> PC settings tab i was tested my module but its showing as some unknown ID and i dint get the firmware version,what should i do now?please help me out

Hi

I am attaching my xbee screen shots. This zip file contains two snap shots.
1. when i am doing PC settings -> test/query i am getting this error.
2. At terminal tab i am not getting any response for the commands but i am entering in to the command mode.

Please make a glance and let me know.

Hi Aruna,

Are you using the xbee znet series 2? Then you can configure them with the firmware XBP24-B (for xbee pro) or XB24-B (for xbee). For a network point-to-point simply configure a node as a coordinator and another as the end point through xctu.

i too followed this thread , but i too dont know how to send data between two xb24-ZB modules and even range rest also not working will anybody please help me out in this topic and followed thread like
this
router1 // in terminal TAB this is what i have typed

+++OK
ATCT 28F
OK
ATID 1800
OK
ATWR
OK
ATDH 405De30A
OK
ATDL 13A200
OK
ATWR
OK
atcn
OK

router2 // in terminal TAB this is what i have typed

+++OK
ATCT 28F
OK
ATID 1800
OK
ATWR
OK
ATDH 405DE34B
OK
ATDL 13A200
OK
ATWR
OK
atcn
OK

Hi Aruna,

can you give me remote access of your PC through Team Viewer,
my mail ID is ravinder.singh16@gmail.com

Hi,

Its not possible for remote accessing  because its confidential.  My module is XBEE XB24-BWIT-004.  So how can i upgrade firmware version.

Dear Aruna,

No problem, anyway checkout the attached file and follow the step.
to make the thing fast, you can chat with me online at google talk ravinder.singh16@gmail.com. when you are available just send me a mail.

Team viewer is a secured channel to access remote PC in the presence of remote user, you can not transfer any file from remote PC with user permission.

Hi,
I have done the first two steps as directed by you but at the third step when selecting “load” iam getting a window asking for some sort of file. I dint get which path and wat file is need over there.

find the attached profile file, load it on your module.

Remeber, this file is for Router only

Hi,
The file which u have forwarded belongs to XBee Pro,
But i am using XBee series 2 i need the file which belongs to this module…

Thanks in advance.......

Hi,
I have done all the settings as guided by you. I am attaching the snapshots of all the things which i have done. Please make a glance. In that i am not getting the Range test and also i am not getting how to send data from one module to another. I need to communicate with each other. Please suggest me how to do it.

Thanks in Advance

Hi,
In the previous post i have tried to attach the snap shots but because of upload size problem the file dint attached. SO,i have posted the snap shots to ur gmail id.

Thanks in Advance

Message was edited by: aruna