XBee module doesn' replies

I bought the started kit wich includes 5 XBEE boards.

I tried to write configuration but in the middle the of the upgrade everything stopped. Now I have one module that doesn’t reply to +++ and +++AT command
Neither using X-CTU program.

Is there a way to restore the module?
Where can I get detailed information about the OEM developent board?

I Enable API and now I got communications !!
What should I do to return to normal AT command mode?

I would try reloading the firmware on that module using the X-BIB board. Make sure you check the box which says “Always Update Firmware”.

As far as the development board, what sort of info are you looking for? I know there’s some info in our knowledgebase, so if you don’t find what you’re looking for there please specify the type of info you seek.

i am in big problem and really i need your help.
can i interface a sensor to XBee TM
if no please any one tell me what can i do to interface the sensor to the XBee modem.

secondly, i have bought application kit with its firware XCTU and it also contains a core RCM3720
and C dynamic for programming.
when we uploaded the new AT firmware for the router and the coordinator and run a programm from c dynamic (sample progrm) to set a mesh network through the core .the coordinator cannot associate to any node knbowing that this application kit contains three kits and the core,
please,anyone can reply my questions honstly?
i am in big problem
because this is my graduation project
thanks

Michael,

I just wanted to know LED, and button meaning, jumper setting functionalities.

Another important issue I didn’t understand from the manual is point to point and meshing(zigbee) configuration require two different firmwares or is just a matter of changing parameters?
IS it available on the support web-site some application notes that shows what are the command to issu in order to programa module like point to point or meshing(coordinator, router or end-device)?

Kind regards
Gino

Here’s a good article from our knowledgebase which describes the DIP Switches and LED meanings:
http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl.jsp?id=1066

As for the latter question, Zigbee is no longer supported on the XBee 802.15.4 adapters, which is what it sounds like you have. If that’s something you’re interested in, you’ll want to take a look at our Series 2 XBee adapters.

I have an Xbee Series 2 devkit with 5 board is it possible to summarize the following:
a) Firmware version for point to point data communication
b) firmware version for having meshing capability(version for coordinator, router and end-point)

I hate to butt in here, but that appears to be a question I asked tech support earlier today. I asked whether or not the Series 2 radios can be used on Series 1 dev boards. What are you calling adapters?

http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl.jsp?id=1066

This link just goes to a blank page

a) PTP - AT mode, because it is transparent and allows for “serial line replacement”

[b) The “typical” APP for this is:
Coordinator (Gateway) - API
Routers/End Devices - AT

Configuring Coordinator with API and router with At command firmware the modules do not comuunicate each other anymore. I have noticed that once the API coordinator firmware is loaded the communication channel change. Is it possible that different channel can be the cause of the problem.
What ather setting should I do in order to have the coordinato and router comunicating each other?

> Configuring Coordinator with API and router with At
> command firmware the modules do not communicate each
> other anymore. I have noticed that once the API
> coordinator firmware is loaded the communication
> channel change. Is it possible that different channel
> can be the cause of the problem.
> What ather setting should I do in order to have the
> coordinator and router communicating each other?

When you install new firmware onto a (Coordinator) module the NWK parameters are changed (PAN ID & CH). If you have the PAN ID fixed then there is a good likelyhood that the Coordinator will pick a different CH and when it does it will leave the Router(s) “abandoned” on the old CH.

The solution to this is to either (assuming you have 1x2x firwmare or if you have 1x4x & JV=0x0*):

1. Run an NR0 on each Router in the network so that each node will rejoin the new network
  2. Force the Coordinator to the old NWK CH via the SC (Scan Channels) parameter

*The new firmware 1x4x was written with an additional parameter to help you deal with these types of problems easily. The JV=0x1 (Join Verification) parameter, if enabled, will verify a coordinator exists on the same channel after joining or power cycling to ensure it is operating on a valid channel, and will leave if a coordinator cannot be found. If disabled, the router will remain on the same channel through power cycles (JV=0x0 default configuration).

right now I’m running two Series 2 Xbee’s on Series 1 Dev Boards… So I would guess they work

The interface board for the series 1 and series 2 is the same board. This is an example of Digi Adapters:
http://www.digi.com/products/wireless/zigbee-mesh/xbee-series2-adapter.jsp

Sorry Didn’t see the Date of the previous Posting