Xbee S3 HA Profile

Hi,
As i understand i need Xbee S3 for HA profile. But i have some other things in my mind. For example in my project i plan to use one xbee s3 as coordinator and a couple as router and afew as end devices. Some of these routers or end devices will be interfaced with some mcu(such as pic series) to control other things. Also i thought about using some Zigbee HA light switch of a brand. Since it is HA profile i can use it with Xbee S3 right? But whats bugging me that in this case how should i configure coordinator, router and end devices to use HA light switch and other routers/end devices interfaced with mcu? Should all be in HA profile, or something else? I’m confused about this. I would also appreciate me if you guide any docs references.
Thanks

1 Like

First, its XBee S2C module that only Digi product which is HA ready.

But with S2C as well, you need to have connected micro-controller that process and respond to all HA command.

Thanks for reply.I know that i would need a mcu. That is not what i’m not asking. What i need to know is that how to configure if i have one coordinator, a few routers, and a ha light switch. As i understand if i configure(setting ZS flag to ZIgbee Pro?) coordinator for ha profile, will i be able to talk to routers? Or will i need to configure all nodes for ha as well in that situation?

Thanks

ok, in order for S2C module to join a HA network, following 4 parameters must be configured on it:

1. ATAP (API Enable) to 1 (API ENABLED)
  2. ATAO (API Output Mode) to 3 (EXPLICIT WITH ZDO PASSTHRU)
  3. ATKY (Encryption Key) to default HA link key: 5A6967426565416C6C69616E63653039
  4. ATZS (ZigBee Stack Profile) to 2 (ZigBee-PRO)

When developing a Zigbee Home Automation application or Wanting to talk with a Zigbee Home Automation Device, the XBee module you should select is the XBee ZB SMT module or XBee ZB (Zigbee) Surface Mount module.

Using our XCTU software or some other Terminal Emulator or processor, the following settings within the XBee ZB SMT module would need to be set:

ZS 2
AP 1
AO 3
EE 1
EO 2
 KY 0x5A6967426565416C6C69616E63653039

Remember to make sure that you use the WR command to write these parameters to the radios non-volatile memory.

Thanks mvut for reply. I have a couple of Xbee ZB S2C TH modules. So that means i cannot use them with HA profile? So basically what i understand is that once i have a HA profile device in the network, all the nodes in the network should be in HA profile. Is that correct? So i can not use HA profile device and non-HA profile modules in the same network?

No, you can use them because they are S2C’s. That is the important part.

Yes, in this case, only HA devices should exists in this network.