ZB to SE Conversion

I have been trying to update the firmware on my XStick using the XCTU software. The instructions from Digi follow…

Open the X-CTU software to the “PC Settings” tab.
4. Select the appropriate COM port and port setting (9600, 8, None, 1 are default), and choose Flow Control: Hardware.
5. If upgrading firmware on a module already running API firmware, place a check in the “Enable API” checkbox.
6. Go to the “Modem Configuration” tab and select either “XB24-SE” or “XBP24-SE” from the “Modem:” pull-down menu, depending on whether you have an XBee or XBee-PRO module respectively.

The problem that I have is that there are no XB24-SE or XBP24-SE modem profiles available. I tried to copy the XB24-SE_3x19.zip to the XCTU Update file, but it’s write protected, so that isn’t working either.

Any thoughts?

Rather than “copy” that file, go to the Modem Configuration tab and chose “Download new versions…”.

When the “Get new versions” window pops up, chose the File option then point to your zip file. Once you’ve found it on your drive somewhere, chose “Open” and you should see the new versions which have been imported in the Update Summary window. Click Done once you’re done installing the new firmware version(s).

The above process should create XB24-SE/XBP24-SE entries under the Modem dropdown of the Modem Configuration tab and enable whatever functions sets are part of that firmware.

The firmware update zip file and release notes can be found on this page: http://www.digi.com/support/productdetl.jsp?pid=4251&osvid=0&s=457&tp=2&tp2=0