znet 2.5 in point to mutipoint setup

Does anyone know if the xbee series 2 can be setup in point-to-multipoint configuration? If yes how? Can these modules be flashed with different firmware like 802.15.4 which is listed as capable of point-to-multipoint communication? Or is the 802.15.4 device completely different hardware?

By default, ZNet 2.5 would be in a “point-to-multipoint” mode, since it supports mesh networking and is therefore setup to broadcast. If you’re referring to a more specific definition of the term, please let us know.

As for the other question, a series 2 XBee or XBee-PRO can only use the ZNet 2.5 or ZB firmwares. Only our series 1 radios can use 802.15.4 firmware.

As for the other question, a series 2 XBee or XBee-PRO can only use the ZNet 2.5 or ZB firmwares.

Is the ZB firmware the same as, for example, ZIGBEE COORDINATOR AT 1020 function listed for xb24-b in x-ctu software? If so, would that also be ‘point-to-multipoint’ by default. When you say it is ‘setup to broadcast’ , does that mean all end devices get the same data or can I selectively send data to a specifc end device in AT mode? I know this can be done in api mode.

Are the CTS RTS DTR flow control pins required for communication or can I leave them floating and select ‘none’ in flow control?